Farm families keep the multigenerational tradition going
Most farms have generations of family members working side-by-side from the field to the machine shed to the farm office. We reflect on this special bond between local farm families during the harvest season.
- 75% of family farms involve multiple generations.
- 870 is the number of farmers in DeKalb County.
- 96% of Illinois farms are family owned and farmed.
- 1,545 acres is the average size of a farm in DeKalb County.
- 88% of DeKalb County land is farmland.
At the completion of harvest, we take a pause and give thanks for a bountiful crop and our farm families.