DeKalb County Farm Bureau’s Ag in the Classroom (AITC) program in February is the widest-reaching program impacting elementary students and teachers with agricultural lessons presented by a core group of farm, agribusiness and FFA volunteers.
- Nearly 3,300 first through fourth grade students participated in ag lessons.
- 24 elementary schools welcomed AITC presentations.
- About 100 farm, agribusiness & FFA students delivered presentations.
- 148 classrooms were reached.
- 4 unique lessons focused on planting corn and soybean seeds, dairy farming,
corn production and uses, and Illinois ag products.
- For nearly 30 years, AITC has been providing ag lessons in schools.